If you haven’t seen it already, click here for the basic information about my research.
The rest of this page is either links to papers you can download or pointers to where you could obtain them.
Publications and Other Papers
|In Print||Online||My Dissertation||Unpublished|
2003. Insights into the Patterns of Sounds: Stress in Tondano. Journal of Undergraduate Research, University of Rochester 2: 15-19.
(Also available online at http://sa.rochester.edu/jur/issues/index.html#fall2003)
2005. Tongan Noun Incorporation: Argument Inheritance or Lexical Sharing? In The Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar, Department of Informatics, University of Lisbon, ed. by Stefan Müller, pgs. 7-27. CSLI Publications. http://cslipublications.stanford.edu/HPSG/6/.
2005. Phrasal Noun Incorporation in Tongan. In Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Conference of the Austronesian Formal Linguistics Association (AFLA), ed. by Jeffrey Heinz and Dimitrios Ntelitheos. UCLA Working Papers in Linguistics, No. 12, pgs. 19-33. http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/faciliti/wpl/issues/wpl12/wpl12.htm
2004. Pseudo-Noun Incorporation and Argument Structure in Niuean. In The Proceedings of the LFG ’04 Conference. ed. by Miriam Butt & Tracy Holloway King, pgs. 1-20. CSLI Publications. http://cslipublications.stanford.edu/LFG/9/lfg04.html.
My dissertation, Clause Structure and Argument Realization in Tongan, includes work on the following empirical domains within Tongan:
- Clausal Constituency and Order
- The Subject “Clitics”
- Case-Marking, especially with respect to “middle” clauses
- Noun Incorporation
- The Instrumental Word ‘aki
Click here to download it in full or in part.
in press. A Unified Analysis of Niuean Aki. Select Papers from AFLA XIV volume. pdf
- 2006. Syllables vs. Sequences in Wichita Phonotactics. Handout of Talk at the 3rd Annual QPFest, Stanford University. pdf(OT)
- 2006. Accounting for Affrication and Fortition in Wichita: Syllables or Strings? Handout of Talk at the 26th Siouan and Caddoan Language Conference, Rocky Mountain College/Little Bighorn College, Billings/Crow Agency, MT. pdf (Non-OT)
- 2006. Affrication and Fortition in Wichita: Syllables vs. Strings. Handout of Talk at 2006 TREND, University of California-Berkeley. pdf (non-OT)